Monday, April 7, 2014

Third Time's A Charm!!! :)

Bible Verses bible-versesYep, that's right...WE'RE PREGNANT!!!  I woke up super early on Saturday morning (3 am to be exact), couldn't sleep and decided it was time to get this test over so I could go back to sleep!  I grabbed the test and cup, walked to our "guest" bathroom, collected my sample, dipped the test, and started the 5 minute wait.

As I sat there anxiously looking and praying for a line, I thought I saw one.  "Is that really a line!?!?"  For a brief moment I convinced myself that my eyes were playing tricks on me.  So, I walked out to the main part of the bathroom (where the lighting is much brighter) and confirmed that there was indeed a second line!!!  WE'RE PREGNANT!!!! 

love.Honestly, my reaction came as quite a surprise to myself as I cried happy tears more than I have with either of my two previous pregnancies (I didn't even cry with the second one, it was more of an acceptance and "here we go"...but I kind of already knew what the test was going to be too, whereas these other two came as complete surprises)!  I cried and I prayed a "Thank you God"!

I gathered my emotions and tried to think (very quickly) of how to tell Lloyd.  I really didn't know what to do, how to say it, etc...so, I jumped back in bed, straddled Lloyd, and said "Thank you God!". 

Lloyd knew when I woke up that I was taking the test.  He later told me that he said a prayer as soon as I walked out of the room.  But, he somehow managed to fall back asleep in those very short 5 minutes!  He woke up to my voice and was shocked to find out that he is going to be a daddy!  We embraced in such a sweet kiss and laid in bed in shock!

As we tried to go back to sleep, our minds were racing with "what now".  We knew we needed to get my progesterone shots filled and that finding the Kaiser facility that would be able to fill them that day was going to be a chore.  I quickly gave up on sleep and decided to start on that daunting task.

Lloyd joined me shortly after and kept encouraging me as I tried 6 different Kaiser hospitals.  We finally were able to get it filled in Irvine, which is 75 miles one way from our house.  Oh well, at least we can get it today and start these shots!

I also emailed my doctor, requesting the blood work to be in the system (hoping that I could do that while at the hospital getting my prescription).  I had not heard back from my doctor when I left and decided I needed to get the drive over with. 

Day 10 Christian QuotesI arrived in Irvine with still no word from my doctor and no way of getting in touch with her (the receptionist tried his best!).  Oh well, time to get the prescription and meet my dad for lunch!

We met at Chipotle and enjoyed a quick lunch together!  Seeing my dad made the drive down there so much more worthwhile...it truly was a blessing and I enjoyed our time together!  It's always great seeing him and I am glad that we got to celebrate this awesome day in person!

Later that evening I received an email from the doctor in charge (covering for my doctor over the weekend).  She submitted the blood work and said that I could go to Fontana the next day to do the test.

I convinced Lloyd that we should go after church on Sunday...that way we would have it done and it would allow me to work from home on Monday- win, win!  He agreed and we made the trek there and back, praying for a decent number.

Later that afternoon the results were in and HCG is 134...we are indeed pregnant!!!  This is also a really good number and has me really excited!  Last pregnancy, I tested on 16 DPO and was 144...yesterday I was only 13 DPO and 134, so double or higher so far!

I go back tomorrow for the test that really matters and gives us a good indication of how things are going.  I am excited and full of hope that we will get a good results!  GROW, BABY, GROW!!! 

50+ Inspirational Christian Quote Pictures | ROCK4JESUSMy heart is so full of thankfulness right now!  My prayer is that I just give this baby to God, asking for His love and protection over it during these next few months!  We are due around December 15th and I just cannot help but think all these happy thoughts of having our family of three next Christmas!  I cannot wait to meet this precious little baby of ours!!!  Thank you everyone for all your prayers, positive thoughts, words of encouragement, and prayers throughout this entire past year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment