Monday, November 17, 2014

Weeks 35 and 36: Cameron's Nursery and More!

Today I am 36w2d pregnant!  That's right, only 26 more days until Cameron's due date!  We are getting so close and with each passing day I am filled with more anticipation and excitement to meet our precious son!  Words cannot describe the excitement I have for meeting Cameron and finally holding him in my arms!

The past couple weeks have been busy!  I am truly in full on nesting mode!  There's so much to do and time is of the essence!

Things we have accomplished recently include: 

  • installing the car seat bases
  • finishing the nursery
  • buying the remaining essentials we need before Cameron arrives (baby wipes, hats, socks, nipple cream, etc)
  • preparing freezer meals
  • starting the maternity leave process
  • packing Cameron's hospital bag
  • setting up the rock n play
  • finishing thank you cards
  • organizing photos (so we can erase them from our camera's memory stick)
  • writing my birth plan
  • wrapping up loose ends/projects at work
  • getting the house all clean and organized
Of all the things we have accomplished, finishing the nursery has truly brought a sense of joy and peace!  Seeing it all come together these past few weeks has been fun and I'm truly happy with the final product- it came out better than I could have envisioned!

1 Samuel 1:27

Psalm 93:4

Hebrews 6:19

Change Table/Dresser with Picture Frames and Paddle

Change Table Station

Cameron's Crib with Name Overhead!

Rocking Chair, Nightstand, Sailboats, and Life-saver (baby shower guests signed it with notes to Cameron!)

Nightstand Closeup

Inside Cameron's Closet- he already has lots of clothes and essentials!

View from the doorway!


I also had an appointment last week (at 35w3d) with my OB.  It was great seeing her and knowing that Cameron is doing great!  He's measuring right on track (although, according to my OB, on the "smaller side of average"- she's guessing around 7 lbs) and has a strong heartbeat!  Everything is going so smoothly and I couldn't be more thankful!  She did the Group B Strep test (will get results from that next week) and we talked extensively about the whole labor process, when to go to the hospital, etc.  We also scheduled my last appointments!!!  I go back on November 25th, December 2nd, 9th, and 17th (hopefully this appointment isn't needed!)!  Overall, it was a great appointment!

We only have a few more To-Do list items and then we are all set and truly 100% ready for Cameron's arrival!  I had grand intentions of doing a bunch of cleaning this past weekend but God had other things in mind.  I came down with a bad cold on Friday and have been forced to rest.  It's amazing how God works sometimes...there's so much to do but He's put me in a place where my only option is to listen to my body and relax!  So, instead of checking things off my never-ending list, I spent most of the weekend relaxing in my pajamas and enjoying quiet moments with Lloyd!  We watched a movie, went to church (I was feeling okay on Saturday night to do this), watched a sermon online Sunday morning, did some reading, and that's pretty much it!  I'm still feeling under the weather today and am curious how long this will last...praying it goes away sooner than later! 

For now, I will just listen to my body and do my best to enjoy these little moments of being pregnant with Cameron- who knows, he can come any day now and as excited as I am to meet him I know that I will miss these moments where it's just me and him!

No comments:

Post a Comment