Thursday, November 6, 2014

Weeks 33 and 34!

Me at 33 weeks
The last month has gone by so fast!  I cannot believe that we are already at the end of our 34th week of pregnancy and we will be meeting our precious little Cameron next month!

Work is coming to an end and is very busy trying to finish up two big projects.  Thankfully, things have been going pretty smoothly and it looks like I will be able to finish them before I start my maternity leave. 

Speaking of work...this past week work surprised me with a nice baby shower!  Our team went to lunch to celebrate the completion and release of one of our projects.  When we got back there were more co-workers hanging out in our conference room.  My boss came over and said, "Look what they left us!" which prompted all of us to meander into the conference room.  I walked in and was surprised with seeing my friends and colleagues, baby boy balloons, a beautiful cake, and a very nice card that had very generous gift cards to Target and Babies R Us. 

Work baby shower
Truly, I am so so thankful for my co-workers- words cannot describe the gratitude I have for my amazing boss (who has gone above and beyond in being flexible, understanding, and caring throughout this journey) and my co-workers who have also provided so much support and encouragement these past two years.  As much as I am looking forward to being a stay-at-home mom I will truly miss the friendship and comaderie that I have found at work these past 6 1/2 years.

Besides work, I have been very busy trying to get everything organized and ready for Cameron's arrival.  Everything from making sure we have what he needs, cleaning and organizing his room, setting up the car seat and bases, filling out all the safety warranties just in case there is a recall, cleaning our house, and figuring out what freezer meals I want to prepare in the upcoming weeks.

In fun news, I took some time away from the craziness to go see my little cousins play soccer!  They are so adorable and such a joy to be around!  It was great watching them play, especially Kaylie because she really loves the sport and is constantly amazing me with her improvement each week!  It was also nice to spend some time with my family, getting to catch up with my aunt, cousins, and my mom!

Finally, we celebrated Lloyd's birthday this past week!  It started on Halloween, relaxing at home and handing out candy to treat-or-treaters.  Saturday we went up to visit his parents and grandma and enjoyed a nice lunch/dinner and birthday cake for dessert!  It was wonderful seeing everyone and celebrating Lloyd's special day with them!  On the way home we decided to rent Transformers.  Although it was an intriguing movie, taking on a 3 hour movie after a long day was a little too much for my third trimester body!  I made it to about the 2 hour mark before starting to doze in and out of sleep on the couch.  We finally decided to call it a night and finish the movie in the morning!

Sunday morning we woke up and watched the rest of Transformers before heading out to play a round of golf at a course about an hour from our house.  It turned out to be a beautiful day on the golf course (after having rained on Saturday)!  It's always nice to watch Lloyd play golf (I only spectate!) because it's a true passion for him and he's really quite good!  I love spending that time with him! 

After golf we went to one of our favorite happy hour restaurants!  Lloyd enjoyed a couple pumpkin beers and we shared some sliders and a pizza!  Such a great time and very thankful for these little moments just the two of us before we become a family of three!

Speaking of...on my way home from work this past week I decided to pre-register at the hospital we plan to deliver (after two hospitals had called the previous week to get me to register...I guess we're getting close!).  Anyways, I walked in and met with the lady to complete the process.  While there some nursery type music came on and she explained that it plays every time a new baby is born!  It was so sweet and so surreal!  Leaving the hospital was a uniquely emotional experience...I couldn't help the thought that the next time I leave there we will be leaving with our son!!!  It was such a cool moment and realization that we are so close to our dreams coming true and prayers answered!  I absolutely cannot wait to meet our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment