Saturday, December 13, 2014

40 Weeks!!!

40 Weeks!!!
Today, I am officially 40 weeks pregnant!  I cannot believe this day has finally arrived as it has been much anticipated since we found out we were pregnant on April 5th!  My heart is filled with excitement, gratitude, and thankfulness!  God is so incredibly good!

This past week has been a challenge (or a test of patience) awaiting Cameron's arrival.  Lloyd and I had our doctor's appointment on Tuesday and found out that my cervix is softer but we couldn't confirm that I have dilated at all.  We asked my doctor for recommendations on how to naturally get things going and her response was, "sex helps". 

So, we've been trying that theory out and I started taking Evening Primrose Oil on Thursday to see if we can get my cervix to cooperate.  We have another appointment scheduled for Wednesday (12/17) and I really hope that Cameron makes his move before then.  If not, we will be scheduling an induction for the week of Christmas.

Every day I get super excited at the thought that "today might be the day" we finally get to meet Cameron and hold him in our arms!  It's a prayer, dream, and vision that fills my heart with pure happiness.  I absolutely cannot wait to see our little guy, hold him, hear his cry, and just love on him!

While waiting this week I have also been reflecting on our journey and thanking God for answering our prayers.  It was exactly one year ago when we were in such a different place.  We had just lost our second baby and were going through "recurrent pregnancy loss" testing with our infertility doctor.  The test results came back as "unexplained" and we were told to try again.  Our doctor was completely optimistic but we were not.  We had fear wrapped in even more layers of hope.  Hope and faith were what kept us going and I'm so glad that we decided to trust God and persevere.

Throughout this journey, the one constant for me is that God has never left my side and He has provided me with a sense of peace that surpasses all understanding.  I remember thinking that I would never enjoy being pregnant again after our two losses.  However, these past 36 weeks have been so much fun!  I absolutely LOVE being pregnant and have enjoyed sharing this special bond with Cameron.  As excited as I am to meet him and hold him, I am also selfishly sad that I will now have to share him with the rest of the world.  I truly believe that this was just another way God has worked good into a very difficult journey.  He changed me in so many ways and I am forever thankful...it wasn't the path I would have chosen but His ways truly are better than our ways- sometimes it takes being on the other side of the valley to understand this though.

Cameron- Happy Due Date my sweet precious son!  Your daddy and I love you so much and cannot wait to meet you!  Words cannot describe how thankful we are that God gave us you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment