Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 6: Colic, Smiles, and Superbowl

First smiles! <3
Week 6 was filled with the best of times and the worst of times.  The first part of the week was HARD.  Cameron was in a ton of pain (from gas) and literally screaming during most of his awake time.  It was hard seeing him in so much pain and not being able to soothe him.  On top of that my patience was running thin and I was exhausted from him sleeping on me all night long (otherwise I wouldn't get any sleep since he was waking up with gas pain every hour or so).  I had so many thoughts of "how am I going to get through this", "I need a break", and "I want to go back to work".

Then Thursday came and it was like I had a whole new baby!  Cameron started napping more during the day and even spent a decent amount of time in his RNP on Saturday night!  I'm really enjoying this new version of our baby and am prayerfully hoping that his medication is helping and these changes are here to stay!  He seems to be much more content, isn't vomiting as much, the gas pain is more manageable, and he's napping!

Pre-Superbowl walk with Mommy
Yesterday was also Superbowl Sunday!  We started off the day with a family walk/hike, carrying Cameron in the Ergobaby carrier.  He slept most of the time so that was good!  It was nice to be outside the house as a family and a great way to start our Sunday. 

Once home, I fed Cameron again and then took him for a walk in the stroller while I made a few phone calls and he took another nap!

We came home and he was warm so I changed him into something a little cooler.  While doing so he was responding to my talking with his first smiles!  I absolutely love these precious moments with our son!  It's so fun watching him grow each day and seeing his personality blossom!  I just love how he looks at me and how attached he is to me already!  He loves to just have me hold him and cuddle...it's absolutely the best feeling in the world to see how much he needs me and adores me!

Other than that I sent his stool sample in last week and am hoping to hear from his doctor sometime today or tomorrow to see if the results have come back.  Hopefully we will have some answers and make some changes, if necessary.

I cannot believe that Cameron is already 6 weeks old.  Time is going by so fast and I find myself remembering the first moments with him at the hospital and how much he continues to change each and every week.  It's a reminder to embrace and enjoy this season, even if it's super hard and trying at times. 

In the hardest of times I have found that leaning on God is still my default and the peace that comes with His presence and guidance is unbelievable.  I know that He gave us our sweet Cameron and we are the best parents for our son.  We just have to lean on God during all times and know that the hard times are just a very small piece in the big puzzle of life.  Thank you God for giving us our precious son!  We truly cannot thank you enough for Your amazing gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment