Saturday, March 7, 2015

Week 10: Shots, Sleeping, and Soccer Game

Cameron and Mommy <3
This week was super busy!  Cameron had his 2 month appointment.  He is doing great and now weighing 9 lbs 10.3 oz- up nearly 2.5 lbs this month!  As his pediatrician stated, "He's following his small little curve"! 

Cameron with Aunt Annette
She is always concerned about how small he is at each appointment.  It never really phases me though because he keeps gaining according to her 1-2 lbs per month guideline.  So when I came home I googled growth chart calculators and learned that he's in the less than 5th percentile for both height and weight.  Oh well, she's not too concerned since he's growing so I just need to relax and realize that my baby is just small (which isn't too surprising since both Lloyd and I aren't exactly tall/big people!).

Cameron with Uncle Ken and Aunt Diana
He also got his shots (3 in the legs and 1 orally).  That was SUPER hard to watch, probably harder on me than him.  Afterwards, I fed him in the nursing room to comfort him (and it was time to eat again) before heading to Walmart to pick up some baby Tylenol. 

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and trying to soothe him.  He sure was pretty fussy and I was terrified with how the night was going to go.  Before bedtime, I gave him more Tylenol and, to my surprise, he fell asleep pretty fast and slept really well (7 1/2 hours straight).

The next two nights were also "Tylenol" nights and he continued to sleep well.  I knew I couldn't keep giving him Tylenol every night and stopped on Saturday night...and again to my surprise he slept 10 1/2 hours!  Nighttime sleeping is going so well these days (daytime napping, not so much) and I'm truly loving and thankful for the extra sleep!

Kaylie <3
On Saturday, my little cousin Kaylie had a soccer game so Cameron and I ventured there to support her and see a lot of my family (my mom, aunt, cousins and little cousins, and brother and his wife).  Cameron did great- falling asleep on the way there and napping for another 30 minutes in the stroller, hanging out with family once awake, ate the second half of the game, and fell asleep on the way home!  It was so wonderful to get out of the house and have a joyful day (typically getting out with Cameron is really stressful as he tends to cry when doing almost anything, especially traveling in the car).  Everyone enjoyed their visit with him too- it truly was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment