Friday, March 20, 2015

Weeks 11 and 12

Mommy's Little Monster
Time sure is going fast these days!  We really haven't been doing much except having some friends visit, trying to get outside for walks, visiting with my mom, and breaking Cameron's nap habits by having him nap in his room and in his rock n play (instead of walking outside with the baby carrier while Cameron naps).  Oh, and we checked out our local MOPS group and met a great group of women and heard a wonderful couple talk on "better understanding our husbands"!  I'm so glad we went and am already looking forward to next month's meetup!

Even so, our days seem to fly by and before I know it weeks have gone by as we live on a two hour schedule of feeding, wake time, and nap time.  This "routine" or "schedule", whatever you want to call it, is so much different than I imagined our days to be.  But, this is just a season and it reminds me to just stop all else in life and enjoy these precious moments with our son!

As for sleep, daylight savings time really effected little Cameron.  He went from sleeping through the night most nights to really having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep for longer than 4 hour stretches.  He is constantly overtired these days and it's pretty exhausting and frustrating. 

Not helping the matter is his horrible napping, which has been bad since Day 1, but is worse now that I refuse to walk him in the baby carrier as he need to learn how to nap in his rock n play.  Most naps take a long time to get him down (up to an hour) and he literally only naps for 20-40 minutes each time because he wakes up during each sleep cycle.  I feel so bad and wish there was something I could do because I know that better napping is good for his health and will also help him sleep better at night.

Mommy's Little Peanut <3 - 12 weeks old!
Even though he's struggling with sleep, he truly is the best little boy ever!  He's so sweet and precious and his smile just melts my heart!  Some of my favorite moments with him are when he first wakes up and just want to cuddle with me.  Then we have a few minutes of diaper change and putting on clothes while he just smiles away and talks to me!  I love his little conversations we have these days...he'll say something (and he's very intentional with his words!) and then he'll laugh, as though what he told me was funny!  It's absolutely the cutest thing ever!

I'm so in love with our little guy and still can't believe that he's here and he is our's!  It's true what people say...there is no greater love than the love a parent has for his/her child!  It's the perfect example of God's love for each and every one of us and a daily reminder of His great and abundant love!  I'm truly blessed beyond words that God gave us our sweet little Cameron...it's an honor and a privilege to be his Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment