Monday, December 9, 2013

Jesus Calling- December 7, 2013

Last night, I was catching up on my devotionals from the weekend and was blessed with the following message.  It was perfect for this past week's circumstances, emotions, and feelings.  It's also a reminder of how I need to constantly keep my focus on God, especially when my circumstances are less than ideal...it's in these moments that I need to look upward most.  It's so true that when my focus is on my problems, I feel empty and incomplete; however, when my focus includes God's presence, I feel safe and complete.  Thank you God for this beautiful message and for always being my shelter in time of need!

 
Matthew 10:29-31  One of my favorite scriptures :3I AM WITH YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO, even in the most menial task.  I am always aware of you, concerned with every detail of your life.  Nothing escapes My notice- not even the number of hairs on your head.  However, your awareness of My presence falters and flickers; as a result, your life experience feels fragmented.  When your focus is broad enough to include Me in your thoughts, you feel safe and complete.  When your perception narrows so that problems or details fill your consciousness, you feel empty and incomplete.
 
 
2 Corinthians 4:18Learn to look steadily at Me in all your moments and all your circumstances.  Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of My Presence.  Fix your gaze on what is unseen, even as the visible world parades before your eyes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment