Friday, November 8, 2013

God is Able

The past two weeks have been filled with numerous blessings and countless prayers answered!  Lloyd and I are extremely grateful for all that God is doing in our lives and for all of our friends and family that are alongside this journey with us, praying each and every step of the way for Baby Henderson!

This past Tuesday morning I walked over to Kaiser to complete another blood test.  While walking, I prayed to God asking Him to perform a miracle while also lifting our baby and this pregnancy into His loving hands.  I walked in, got my lab work paper, and waited to be called back.

The woman that's usually there, and whom I've seen for many of these test, quickly called me back.  As she was taking my blood I asked her to check if the order was placed as STAT and she confirmed that it was.  She told me that I would have my results by 2 p.m.

A few hours later while on lunch and surfing the internet, I saw the email come through saying that I had new lab results.  Every time I get these emails, my heart starts beating faster with anticipation.  I quickly signed in to Kaiser and located the results....2803!!!  I already knew that it was AWESOME news- our little peanut is a champ and a fighter!  I was elated, joyfully crying, and praising God!

I quickly went outside to call Lloyd and let him know the great news!  I left him a message in which he quickly returned and we were able to rejoice in knowing that our precious little baby is back on track!


After catching up with Lloyd, I went back to work and sent out "update" texts to those I had asked for prayers in these past couple of weeks.  Needless to say, I was beaming from ear to ear for the remainder of the work day!

That afternoon I went over to Carol's to spend time with her and CJ.  We had such a great visit, getting to catch up, holding CJ and taking her for a walk, and enjoying dinner together!  These two girls are simply amazing...holding CJ is a reminder of what a miracle and blessing she is- she truly is perfect and full of joy!

I planned to spend the night...as Carol was getting CJ ready for bed, I checked in with Lloyd.  After getting off the phone I started getting ready for bed myself.  I went to the bathroom where I saw quite a bit of brown spotting.  It was a scary sight to say the least.

Carol came down from putting CJ to bed and I let her know what was going on.  She was so kind and immediately put her hand on my belly and we prayed.  I called Lloyd one more time to let him know what was going on.  We were both stunned, in shock, and disbelief...we had just hours before gotten such great news and here we were again, wondering if our little peanut was going to make it.

I put a pad on and proceeded with going to bed.  As I was turning off the lights, Lloyd called and let me know that brown spotting is pretty normal but that I should let my doctor know (he was doing research on Google, trying to comfort both of us!).  We said goodnight and I went to bed.

The next morning, I saw an email from the "substitute" doctor saying that the HCG numbers were now rising VERY NICELY, as he put it!  I responded and let him know about the spotting but he seemed to be unconcerned, which I took as a sign to not worry about it too much!

It's been three days or so and the spotting is still very light but present.  I have been working from home these past few days and resting as much as possible.  The spotting is a little concerning but at the same time I feel so much comfort knowing that God is in control of all of this!  He is so faithful and constantly providing me with His peace and strength! 

We have our first appointment on Nov. 14th and I'm very excited at the possibility of seeing our little baby's heartbeat for the first time!!

50+ Inspirational Christian Quote Pictures | ROCK4JESUS

No comments:

Post a Comment