Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Carry Me To The Cross

This weekend was really cold and wet...a perfect weekend to just relax and catch up on some much needed rest.  Oh, and to cook my first turkey! 

I got up early Sunday morning and enjoyed a cup of coffee before preparing the turkey and stuffing!  I was surprised at just how easy it was and before I knew it, I was placing it in the oven to cook for the next 5 hours.

The turkey came out delicious...I was very pleasantly surprised and proud of myself (so was Lloyd)!  We both enjoyed a nice meal consisting of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a sweet potato and apple side dish. 

Afterwards, we relaxed for a little while...Lloyd watch golf and I got on my computer to check in with my Internet friends and Facebook.  Shortly after I decided that I needed to get outside for some fresh air and go for a walk.

It's during this walk that I heard the song Carry Me to the Cross.  I had not heard this song in a little while but when it came on it resonated in my heart. 


 


Favorite little story... "When you see only one set of footprints in the sand, it is then that I carried you."Since right around Thanksgiving, things have been really hard for me emotionally.  I have had some good moments but for the most part, life has been a struggle. 

I find that I'm frustrated when my alarm goes off at 3:40 and I'm still tired and wanting to sleep but must get up and face the day.  I'm not motivated at work and would rather be doing anything else.  Some days I really cannot wait to go for a run and then other days I have to force myself out the door.  When unexpected things come up, I respond with anger and frustration.  Twice this last week I broke down at work and had to really fight the urge to not go home and bury myself in bed.
 

Shut Up I'm Talking Quotes | Shut Up I'm Talking Quotes https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christian ...There have been many moments where I feel alone and the journey seems so overwhelmingly hopeless.  The path is daunting and every step is exhausting right now. 

This song was the perfect recipe to remind me that I'm never alone...God is with me every step of the way!  I find so much comfort in this truth!  He was here with me last time and He's here with me right now.  He's drawing me closer and wants me to release all my burdens into His loving hands.  His unconditional love and grace continue to amaze, motivate, and inspire me daily!  Thank you, God, for carrying me every step of the way, every single day!




No comments:

Post a Comment