Friday, June 6, 2014

12 Weeks- Part 2: You Are Faithful

Little peanut passed his/her last 1st trimester appointment yesterday!  Hallelujah!!!  We couldn't be more filled with thankfulness and joy!

After a long wait to be seen, we were finally able to see our little peanut!  He/she was moving around quite a bit yesterday!  So much so that it was really hard to get a good picture and accurate measurement.  He/she measured 12w2d yesterday, which based on my conception date is off by one day (well within the normal range as there can be errors in the measurements).  Also, yesterday was my first (at least successful) external ultrasound...YAY for no more dildo cam ultrasounds!

Yesterday was a HUGE milestone!  After the ultrasound I had my list of questions (many of which I was waiting for yesterday to ask) that I asked my doctor.  Surprisingly, she did say that I can run (although she would prefer that I walk)!  I haven't decided what I will do and will be praying over that decision these next couple days or weeks (I might wait til our 15 week appointment just to be safe).  If I do decided to run then I will definitely take it slow, starting out with run/walk workouts and gradually getting in longer durations of running.  I will be sure to be extra cautious and listen to my body.

I also asked about boating and hiking/backpacking/camping above 6,000 ft.  She reassured me that I can do all those things, just to be careful and listen to my body!  I'm super excited about all of this and am hoping that Lloyd and I can get away for a two day backpacking trip on the trails close to our house.  I just love being outside in God's beautiful creation, exploring, and spending that quality time bonding with my best friend!  We have such great memories doing all these adventures and I'm excited that we will be able to create some new memories together before our little peanut arrives (although I am crazily thinking we will be able to do this next year with a 7 month old!).

My last question was about continuing to take baby aspirin daily.  My RE had said to take it through 1st trimester but my thoughts are to continue taking it, so long as there's no harm to me or baby.  She said she would check with my RE and let me know.  She called this morning to let me know that I can continue taking it through 2nd trimester. 

I also had to have my thyroid re-tested yesterday as part of routine testing for me to make sure my medication protocol is sufficient.  The result came back within normal limits, although a little on the low side.  I asked my doctor about it while on the phone and she said she's not concerned, continue doing what I'm doing, and we'll continue to monitor it.  She is absolutely the best and I'm so incredibly thankful for her!!

I am so amazed at God's goodness and faithfulness!!!  He is truly amazing and continues to provide peace, comfort, grace, kindness, and strength every single day!  These past few weeks I have been really focusing on God's faithfulness.  In fact, a few days prior to getting our positive test with this pregnancy, I woke up having the song "You Are Faithful" stuck in my head.  I didn't know if it was God's way of saying be patient or if He was giving me a clue that we were actually pregnant.  This song resonated in my head over those days and it continues to be one of my favorite songs to listen to these days!  God's faithfulness is beyond words and comprehension!  He follows through every single time and His way truly is for the best, even when we cannot possible understand the "why" behind some of our trials. 



Psalm 27:13-14My prayer for anyone struggling with infertility and/or loss(es) is that you embrace the truth that God has an ultimate plan that is far greater than anything we can ever imagine.  Sometimes He takes us through dark times to shape us for the great things He has in store in the future.  It's hard when you are in the midst of it but if you hold on to faith and hope you will get through it to see His goodness.  One of my favorite verses is the following and it kept me going on the days that I felt like giving up:

God bless each and every one of you struggling through this journey.  Many prayers for healing, peace, comfort, strength but most important I pray that the days ahead are filled with the most precious of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment