Tuesday, June 24, 2014

15 Weeks!

We are in our 15th week of pregnancy and things are finally starting to feel real and more relaxed!  Even so, the days we have our appointments are by far the hardest...the wait seems like forever and I always get really nervous once I arrive at Kaiser, especially once in the exam room.  With each passing appointment it does get easier but based on my past miscarriages I'm not sure that pregnancy appointments will ever be easy breezy for me.  Thankfully it's beyond words worth every second once we see our little peanut and we know that everything is going just as it should!

We had our appointment yesterday and little peanut is continuing to be our little champ!  Based on my charting we should have been right at 15 weeks (and 15w2d based on first day of last period) but peanut was measuring 15w5d!  He/she has grown so much which was really nice to see!  We got to listen to the heartbeat again and all sounds perfect- strong, regular rhythm, and fast!  Little peanut was sleeping for the most part but we did get lucky to see a little arm/hand movement!

We also got the approval form to schedule the anatomy scan!  This is the BIG ultrasound where they check out all the bones, organs, etc and determine that the baby is healthy...AND we get to find out whether or not little peanut is a boy or a girl!  I called the radiology department soon after leaving our appointment and was able to schedule the anatomy scan for July 14th- only 3 more weeks!!!  Once we know that little peanut is healthy and the gender the real fun of shopping, creating registries, and organizing the nursery can begin!  And, I cannot wait to start calling peanut our little son or daughter instead of peanut, he/she, or "it"!

Send this to someone to let them know God is with them.Once we get past this next milestone we only have the viability milestone at 24 weeks and then a healthy baby in our arms whenever he/she decides to make his/her presence on this earth!  Things are going so perfectly and I am beyond words thankful!  Pregnancy is starting to feel real, fun, and exciting and I just cannot wait to meet our little precious miracle in less than 6 months!

God is SOOOOO incredibly good and faithful!  Yesterday morning I was driving to work and praying (my usual routine).  As I was praying and recognizing my sense of fear (that is always present on appointment days) I just felt this overwhelming sense of peace like never before.  I know that it was God reassuring me that He's got this, that all is okay with peanut, and that I could relax for the remaining 7 hours before my appointment!  I absolutely love and cherish those moments and reminders that God's peace is greater than my understanding, that He is sovereign, He will get me through it no matter what the outcome will be, and that I just need to continually lift this baby and pregnancy into His loving hands...He can, I cannot!

No comments:

Post a Comment