Monday, June 9, 2014

13 Weeks!

Today, I am 13 weeks pregnant!  WOOHOO for 2nd trimester!!!  After last Thursday's great appointment we decided to start telling the rest of our friends and family our little secret!  It's been super enjoyable seeing everyone's reactions and excitement for us!  We are so incredibly blessed!!!

We told everyone we wanted to prior to posting the news on Facebook...so, this morning I posted this as my status update:

Lloyd and I are so excited and thankful for our little peanut! We cannot wait to meet our baby this December and are beyond blessed for this little Christmas miracle! It's been a hard journey getting here that includes two babies in heaven...but most importantly it's been a journey of faith filled with God's relentless love, grace, mercy, peace, and patience! God is good and He is faithful!
 
 
Other than telling the rest of the world our great news, we started maternity clothes shopping on Saturday!  I went to Kohl's where they were having a big sale...40% off shirts and dresses in addition to our 30% off when using a Kohl's credit card.  I was able to get four Motherhood shirts (normally $36 per shirt, except one that was regularly $30) for $61.32!  On top of that I got another $10 Kohl's cash that can be used starting today...so, Lloyd is stopping by on his way home to buy the shorts that I loved (but weren't on sale).  They are regularly $40 but with the $10 off and $30% they will be less than $20! 
 
Later this week my step mom and I are meeting up and continuing to shop for more clothes!  My brother is getting married on June 28th (YAY!!!!!!  So excited for him and his beautiful, inside and out, fiance!!!!!) and I need a dress to wear!  So, we're on a mission to find a dress and hopefully another pair of shorts and some cute summer blouses!  I'm super excited and am already loving my maternity wardrobe- it's so much better than my regular clothes!
 
The highlight of this week though is Lloyd and I celebrating our 3rd Anniversary (tomorrow!)!!!  We aren't doing much on the actual day (grilling some steaks at home!) but we will be taking a road trip up to central California starting on Sunday!  We will be in Pismo Beach for two nights, Monterey for two nights, coming home for one night, and then to Palm Springs for one night!  It will be so nice, relaxing, and refreshing to have some time away, exploring new and beautiful sites together, and just enjoying each other's company!  So excited for the adventures and memories we will create this next week!
 
God is so good and He is faithful!  I am just so thankful for all the ways He has provided and continues to provide throughout this journey!  I remember that first sermon we heard after we lost Joy where the pastor said, "We have to have a test before there can be a testimony".  It's so true...our faith was constantly tested but we vowed to remain faithful and hopeful to the One who loves us and answers our prayers!  In return, we were blessed far greater than we could have ever imagined!  Thank you God for everything!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment