Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Jesus Calling- December 11, 2013

Today's Jesus Calling is absolutely perfect!  I have said many times throughout this journey that I'm so thankful for how God has used the loss of our babies to forever change me as a woman, wife, and mother!  My outlook on motherhood would be so different if we had gotten pregnant quicker or had smooth pregnancies.  I know that I will enjoy and appreciate our children more, have patience that I would not otherwise have, not take the small things for granted, and simply enjoy staying home and nurturing our little ones!


Psalm 36:9 For with you is the fountain of life: in your light shall we see light.
I AM WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF.  Bring Me all your concerns, including your dreams.  Talk with Me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans.  Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality.  This is a very practical way of collaborating with me.  I, the Creator of the universe, have deigned to co-create with you.  Do not try to hurry this process.  If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame.  Hurry is not in My nature.  Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise, a son.  How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child!  Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses.
 
 
Hebrews 11:1This journey has made me realize just how much God is in control of this journey (and all aspects of my life)!  In the beginning, we (like many other couples) were so focused on "perfect timing" and "our timeline" of when we want to start our family.  It didn't take us long to realize that "perfect timing" does not guarantee you will get pregnant and that God doesn't work in our timeline.  God has used this journey to grow us into really trusting Him with our entire life, knowing that His plan is best!  It's a journey that has taught us lessons in perseverance and patience and one that is constantly drawing us closer to God as we learn just how much we need Him and depend on Him.  It's through this journey that our faith is forever changed! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment