Friday, December 13, 2013

Jesus, Bring The Rain


I can remember the first time I heard this song...it was in Spring of 2007 when I was doing 90 hours per week of school in order to finish my Master's degree in Exercise Physiology.  It spoke to me during that time and it continues to speak to me today. 

I do believe that God allows us to face certain circumstances in our life to grow us, mature us, to deepen our faith, and to strength our relationship with Him.  It's through these trials that he asks us, "Will you trust in Me?".

Even before this journey to start our family began, there have been several "journeys" throughout my life that were "hard times" (although admittedly not nearly as hard as this past year).  With each and every trial, God continues to move me and mature me in new ways.  Through the good times and the bad times my faith is renewed. 


Jesus bring the rain


I have had several people come up to me and question how my faith can remain so strong through all these trials and circumstances.  All I can say is that my faith is simply unshakable no matter how hard the circumstances may be.  I honestly cannot imagine going through this journey without my faith.  It's through these dark days that I realize just how much God does love me, how He's always there with me (often when no one else is), that only He can meet my every need (and He does!), that I can get through anything with Him by my side, that I trust and believe in His plan for my life, and that I know He will be victorious and deliver on time, every time!

One of my prayers these past few months is that God continue to fill my heart with joy and peace through these hard days.  I desperately want to be a vessel for His kingdom.  I want our story to be used as a testimony for His goodness and faithfulness!  Yes, there will be days in this life that will be filled with pain but if that's what it takes to praise Him...Jesus, Bring the rain!  Amen!


If that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus bring the rain. ~ Mercy Me lyrics
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment