Tuesday, September 9, 2014

26 Weeks: Jesus Calling- September 9, 2014

My MOST favorite verse of all times... have it tattooed on my wrist! Bible Verse / Proverbs 3:5-6 / PrintsToday I am 26w3d pregnant!  Little Cameron is kicking a lot these days (especially at 2 am) and it's absolutely the best feeling ever!  I am so bonded and in love with our little guy!  I cannot believe he's going to be in here about 3 more months!  So excited to meet him and hold him in my arms for the first time!

Nothing too exciting pregnancy-wise this week.  Next week I need to complete the Glucose Test to determine if I have Gestational Diabetes (it's a routine test done between 26-28 weeks).  So long as my numbers come back okay from the 1 hour test, then I am good to go; otherwise, I will have to do the 3 hour test.  I also have another appointment next week and am hoping to have an ultrasound (not sure if she will do one but one can hope!).  It would be great to see the little guy!!

Yesterday, as I was reading one of my online forum boards, I learned that someone's cousin just delivered her baby still born at 38 weeks.  The tears and pain that I felt when reading the news is indescribable.  I can only imagine the pain that mother is feeling right now.  It brought back all those feelings and pain from our two losses and reminded me not to take a minute for granted with our little guy.

PSALM  9:10
Thankfully, I am truly loving every moment of being pregnant!  This is somewhat weird to me because I can remember saying all too frequently that I didn't really care about going through the whole pregnancy thing, I just wanted a baby.  This was before and when we had just started trying to get pregnant.  I know that this is just one of the ways God used our journey to change me.  Honestly, some days I love the fact that I get little Cameron all to myself and that we have this special bond and I know that I will miss his little kicks once this pregnancy is over.

Today, as I was reading Jesus Calling it was a great reminder that God's got His hand all over this pregnancy and our journey.  I was reminded of the verse that I dedicate to this journey and now hold as my life verse (Proverbs 3:5-6):

Psalm 25:4-5 ~ Show me Your ways O Lord teach me Your paths, guide me in Your truth and teach me for You are God my Savior and my hope is in You all day long...
WALK WITH ME along paths of trust.  The most direct route between point A and point B on your life-journey is the path of unwavering trust in Me.  When your faith falters, you choose a trail that meanders and takes you well out of your way.  You will get to point B eventually, but you will have lost precious time and energy.  As soon as you realize you have wandered from your trust-path, look to Me and whisper, "I trust you, Jesus".  This affirmation will help you get back on track.
 
Post your #PrayerRequest on Instapray. #Pray with the whole world ---------> www.instapray.com
The farther you roam along paths of unbelief, the harder it is to remember that I am with you.  Anxious thoughts branch off in all directions, taking you farther and farther from awareness of My Presence.  You need to voice your trust in Me frequently.  This simple act of faith will keep you walking along straight paths with Me.  Trust in Me with all your heart, and I will make your paths straight.
 
GOD IS GOOD AND HE IS FAITHFUL!  As I was driving to work this morning and reflecting on the message in Jesus Calling, I was reminded of how much of this journey has been a spiritual journey and season of growth for me personally.  God brought me to a place where my only choice was to kneel on my knees and look up, leaning on Him for strength, accepting His peace, and holding on to the hope that can only be found in Him.  It was the furthest possible from an easy season of my life but it was a journey and a reward that I would choose to do all over again knowing what I know now. 
 
Thank you God for carrying me through such a hard time and holding true to the promises that you kept assuring me of every step of the way!  I'm forever humbled and thankful- I could never deserve the love you have shown to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment