Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jesus Calling- September 1, 2014

Yesterday's Jesus Calling was perfect!  It speaks to exactly how I have been feeling lately and caused me to reflect on our journey to where we are today.

faithSEEK ME with your whole being.  I desire to be found by you, and I orchestrate the events of your life with that purpose in mind.  When things go well and you are blessed, you can feel Me smiling on you.  When you encounter rough patches along your life-journey, trust that My Light is still shining upon you.  My reasons for allowing these adversities may be shrouded in mystery, but My continual Presence with you is an absolute promise.  Seek Me in good times; seek Me in hard times.  You will find Me watching over you all the time.
 
DEUTERONOMY 4:29God IS smiling down on Lloyd and I right now!  He's beaming from ear to ear and saying to me, "Look, I promised that good times were ahead.  You just had to trust Me, hold on to hope, have faith in Me, and be patient". 
 
One thing I know to be true after going through all we did when we lost our two babies is that God NEVER left my side.  In fact, without God, I don't know how I would have survived the darkest of times.  He was there for me when I felt completely alone and He carried me when the pain was too much to bear.  All along the way He kept promising me that, no matter what was in front of me or around the corner, that I was going to be okay and that better days were ahead.  He took me to a place where I had no other choice but to lean on Him and to trust in Him...and in that season I experienced my greatest pain but also my greatest growth.  I am forever thankful for the journey He took us on because it's changed me forever...I have a hope and a faith that is stronger than ever and I have a relationship with God that is much more meaningful and intimate because of the path He took us on. 
 
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:23, NIV) At some point in life we all face hardships. It may be something physically or emotionally...
Thank you God for your relentless love, your peace that surpasses all understanding, your friendship, grace, and strength!  You are good and You ARE faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment