Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hope


It's only been 9 days since we found out we are pregnant again and I already feel the weight of the emotional ups and downs, along with the normal pregnancy symptoms (thankful these haven't been TOO bad yet!).

On Friday we got the great news that our little peanut's HCG had doubled within the 72 hour limit!  We are so thankful for this news and continue to pray that our little one is healthy and growing steadily with each passing day! 

Yesterday I emailed my doctor asking when to schedule my first appointment.  I quickly learned that she's out of the office and had placed another doctor (male) in charge during her absence.  Let me just say that this doctor really lacks some bedside manner and really knows how to scare a pregnant woman!

He keeps emphasizing that my numbers are low ("they are going up, however" were his words), suggestive of a one week old instead of nearly five weeks.  He also made a comment about "well, I hope there hasn't been any bleeding".

Needless to say, I am a little frustrated at his lack of reassurance!  I did request another blood test in which I was able to get done today...hoping and praying that when we get our results back tomorrow, HCG is 1,000 or higher!  GROW, BABY, GROW!!!

Speaking of praying...on my lunch hour today, while still feeling defeated and frustrated, I prayed and thanked God that He is a God that can work miracles!  I'm so glad that my HOPE is found in Him alone and not in this doctor.  I trust in God's plan for my life and for this precious little baby!  I know that God is doing great things all around us and through us and I know that He's placed this baby in our life for a very specific purpose!

matthew 19:26
 
 
For now, I am reminded of God's word that says to focus on what is true and not to be anxious for anything!  So today, my focus is on...
 
  •  God- who is for me and for our baby, who makes all things possible!
  • Our HCG results are within the normal range for 5+ weeks
  • HCG did double within 72 hours
  • WE ARE PREGNANT and I LOVE THIS BABY SO MUCH!!!

Philippians 4:6
 
God is AMAZING and I am thoroughly enjoying going through this pregnancy WITH Him!  He has been here for me every step of the way, providing peace in the moments where peace seems impossible!  I know that this is just the beginning of a beautiful journey ahead...one that I hope and pray brings our baby in our arms and we get the joy of parenting this precious child according to God's will and purpose for his or her life!


No comments:

Post a Comment