Tuesday, May 20, 2014

10 weeks!

I am 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant today!  Today is also another milestone ultrasound appointment today and I couldn't be more excited to see our little peanut!!!

Sidewalk Prophets hit it right on the head!  God always gives beauty from our ashes!

If you're ready to give it to God, watch the official lyric video of their song, "Help Me Find It".

http://www.thefishla.com/MusicNews/Sidewalk-Prophets-Help-Me-Find-It-Official-Lyric-Video3Today is a milestone day because it was at this exact appointment that I learned we had lost Joy.  I went into the appointment completely naive and oblivious to how drastically our life was about to change.  I was completely blindsided with the news and devastated beyond words.  So many hopes and dreams for our little baby disappeared in an instant and we were left to pick up the pieces.  But through it God has shown us that He truly does work all things for our good and His plans are far greater than anything we can ever envision for ourselves.

Since that day I have been excitedly anticipating the day that I would be past that milestone.  Today is the day where we get to move forward.  This pregnancy is different and I hope and pray that this is our take home baby!

Just this past weekend we had a bridal shower for my Dianna, my brother's fiance.  First, she is just the most amazing woman and I truly could not be more excited for the two of them and their journey as they start their lives as husband and wives on June 28th!  They are truly perfect for each other and I have enjoyed watching their love grow over this past year!  And, I feel incredibly blessed to be gaining such a wonderful woman as my sister!  Wishing them many decades of love, joy, happiness, and the best of God's beautiful blessings!

The shower was at my dad's house so I got there a little early to visit with my step mom and help out where I could.  One of my relatives was there helping out as well and while we were getting ready she asked if there were "any updates on my body".  I really didn't know how to respond and just said, "I don't know" with a grin that obviously gave it all away.  I ended up telling her that I was 10 weeks pregnant and everything was going well.  She gave me a hug and told me that her and her husband have been praying for us.

We had lots of family present at the shower and early on one of my dad's cousins came up to me and mentioned that my cousin (her daughter) is pregnant and we will have another baby in our family.  It was actually perfect timing as the rest of my family was all gathered in this little corner near the Sangria.  I put my arm around her shoulder and responded, "Looks like we'll have two new baby's in the family this Christmas!".  Everyone looked for confirmation and I said "yes, I am 10 weeks pregnant!". 

It felt so good to let everyone know our little secret and to see their reactions in person.  Everyone is truly rooting for us and praying for our little peanut!  I feel blessed beyond words to have the love and support that we do!

God is so good!  He continues to shower me with grace, peace, faith, and love!  My prayer this entire pregnancy has been (besides asking for a healthy baby!) "You can, I can't- I lift this baby up into your loving arms!"  It's true...there's only so much that I can do and then the rest is out of my hands, my plans, my desires, and my control.  But God is the God who created the entire universe and works miracles beyond our imagination...I have faith and trust that He is Mighty and Powerful enough to bless us with a healthy baby if it's His will and His timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment