Monday, May 5, 2014

8 weeks

We are 8 weeks today!  We had our first OB appointment last Tuesday and everything is continuing to go smoothly!  Our little peanut is measuring right on track and has a perfect, strong heartbeat (my OB estimated around 130-140 bpm)!  We were lucky enough to get to listen and I am just amazed at how different (more human-like) it sounded this week compared to last week (at 6 weeks it sounded like high heels walking on tile)!

Here is a picture of our little peanut:


Little Peanut at 7 weeks, 2 days!  Amazing how much growth took place in just 1 week!
 


"God is light; in Him, there is no darkness at all." —1 John 1:5 (NIV)... designed by Dean Renninger...Both Lloyd and I are really getting excited about our little peanut!  With each passing day and each great appointment it's starting to feel more and more like this is our little miracle baby and I so, so hope this is true!  My friend even gave me some baby items (a couple chairs, a travel crib, diaper genie, etc) to take home and I graciously accepted!  I brought the items to our nursery and started cleaning up some things to make room for our little peanut!

Of course, being pregnant after two losses has it's moments of feeling scared and anxious.  I have seen our baby, heard it's heartbeat, and I have so, so much love for this little life already!  There aren't many things in this life that I have ever wanted more than I want to hold this baby in my arms sometime this December (the only things that comes close is marrying Lloyd and our other two babies!)! 

For the most part, I am doing great!  I feel pregnant and I am very hopeful and positive about this pregnancy.  But then, there are days like yesterday where I literally felt awesome and was worried that something was going wrong.  I did my best to fight those feelings of worry and to just be thankful that for one day I was able to eat what I wanted (for the most part) and had a decent amount of energy.

This morning I was reading Jesus Calling and it really resonated with me today:

Let us come to Him with thanksgiving. [Psalm 95:2]COME TO ME for all that you need.  Come into My Presence with thanksgiving, for thankfulness opens the door to My treasures.  When you are thankful, you affirm the central truth that I am Good.  I am Light, in whom there is no darkness at all.  The assurance that I am entirely Good meets your basic need for security.  Your life is not subject to the whims of a sin-stained deity.
 
Relax in the knowledge that the One who controls your life is totally trustworthy.  Come to Me with confident expectation.  There is nothing you need that I cannot provide.
 
I love that last part, "Come to me with confident expectation.  There is nothing you need that I cannot provide!".  AMEN!  When the negative thoughts come across my mind, I try my best to bring them to God.  I remind myself that God is good, He is faithful, He loves us, and He is for us!  I trust that whatever place He has me right now that He is working for my own good...I just have to keep placing myself in His presence and receive His perfect peace and know that He's got this!  He can, I cannot...this baby is in His loving, caring, all powerful hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment