Monday, May 26, 2014

11 Weeks!

Today I am 11w2d pregnant!  The countdown to being out of the 1st trimester is ON!  I cannot believe how close we are to being out of this risky time.  With each passing day we are closer to all of our dreams coming true for our little peanut and it's all because of God's beautiful blessings over Lloyd, me, and our precious little baby!  I couldn't be more thankful!

There's not much going on this week pregnancy-wise.  Our next appointment is on June 5th (only 10 more days!) and it will be our last 1st trimester appointment!

Both Lloyd and I are feeling much more relieved after last week's appointment.  That appointment was huge and it was the beginning of really, truly believing that we will get to hold this baby in our arms. 

Since then I have noticed that a big part of my wall has been torn down and I am really getting attached and excited for this little life growing inside of me!  I spent some time on Pinterest researching how we will tell everyone on Facebook.  We told a few more people our exciting news.  I ordered Lloyd part of his Father's Day gift.  We are talking about the things we will need to register for, what we need and what we will have handed down from friends.  We are talking more and more about baby names and have it pretty narrowed down (we have our boy name and are down to two finalists for our girl name).  And, I even purchased a couple maternity tops yesterday!

With each passing day I am just so incredibly thankful for this beautiful blessing of life!  I cannot wait to be a mom and to enjoy watching our little one grow up before our eyes.  I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with our son or daughter and to experience all of these precious life moments!

Photo: "Sometimes life takes us places we never expected to go. And in those places God writes a story we never thought would be ours.” - Renee Swope

{He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Psalm 139:3}I saw this on Facebook the other day and just love it.  Lloyd and I had "our plan" before we even got married.  We were going to wait until our one year anniversary to start our family.  We started just over a month after that plan (after much going back and forth, are we ready, etc).  We figured it would happen by the end of 2012 and it would be a journey filled with only good times (how can it not...we get to enjoy lots of sexy time, etc!!). 

But God had a different plan for us...He wrote a whole different story for our family that includes two precious babies in heaven!  It's been a road filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows but I can honestly say that it has been worth every single second!  He has used this time to really mold me into the woman He created me to be.  I am completely different than I was when we started out but it's for the better.  I have a stronger, deeper, more intimate relationship with God and hope that I can pass that on to our child through example.  I am a much better wife and we have a stronger marriage because of this journey.  And, I will be a much better mom because of this...I will have patience for the things that would have annoyed me and be able to enjoy all of the little moments, not wanting to take for granted the beautiful gift and blessing God has awarded us.  It wasn't our plan or our path...but it's one that is forever marked with beauty, blessing, and thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment