Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Life's Precious Moments

Post your Prayer Requests on Instapray. Pray with the whole world ---------> www.instapray.comWe had our appointment yesterday and it went perfectly!  The doctor even gave our little peanut an A+!!! 

Lloyd picked me up from work and we drove to the appointment together.  We got there just in time for check-in and waited a few minutes before being called back by the medical assistant.  The MA did all my height, weight, blood pressure (which was high for me...must have been a little nervous!), heart rate, prescription usage, exercise routine, etc.

I had to use the restroom (badly as I didn't know if they would want a urine sample or not) before the ultrasound so did that while the MA prepped the room.  Lloyd and I went in, I got undressed and we waited.  We said a little prayer for the doctor and our little baby while we sat in the room.  We joked around about Lloyd doing the exam himself and imagining the doctor walking in while having the dildo cam in me.

Then the doctor came in, did the usual greeting and hello (she hadn't met Lloyd before), and then we started discussing ovulation/conception date and guessing how far along I was.  I told her 6 weeks exactly and she confirmed and we both agreed that it might be a little early but we'll see what we see.

She saved the talking for later and started the ultrasound since that is what we were all really anxious to see.  No sooner than she started the ultrasound did she see the sac and a heartbeat.  She said, "Oh, and we have a heartbeat!"  Both Lloyd and I were like, "Where?" as it was really hard to see at first.

Bible Verses bible-versesShe showed us and then turned the sound on so we could hear it!  This was a first for us!  We had seen the heartbeat with both Joy and James but we never got to actually hear it.  Can I just say that hearing our little baby's heart beating ever so perfectly was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard!!!  I could have stayed in there for hours just listening- this was definitely one of life's precious moments and one of the best days of my life thus far!

She proceeded on and measured our baby...6 weeks, 1 day- right on track according to our conception date!  The sac measured 5 weeks, 6 days which was also within the normal and acceptable range.  And, she confirmed that our due date (EDD) is December 15th!!!  We have a little Christmas miracle and the best present I could ever ask for in the making!

She finished the exam, we asked some questions, talked about progesterone and baby aspirin, laughed about the craziness that goes along with symptoms (or lack thereof) when you are pregnant after loss(es), talked about future appointments with my OB, etc.  Her excitement over our results yesterday radiated throughout the room and it was just an awesome couple of minutes!  She is so happy, pleased, and hopeful and genuinely so, so excited for us! 

She insisted that I continue to keep her posted and even made the comment that she wants to see a picture with our baby next to our Christmas tree!  That one comment melted my heart and made me feel for the first time that this is really going to happen!  When she walked out of the room, Lloyd walked up to me and we embraced in a sweet hug and kiss- we were happy and proud parents (both with tears in our eyes!)!  Lloyd said we should pray again and we did- thanking God so much for the amazing blessing he gifted us with and prayers for continued health...including a special request that our baby's heart continues to beat every single day for many many decades!

50+ Inspirational Christian Quote Pictures | ROCK4JESUSI absolutely cannot wait to meet our little precious baby and just dream of all the fun things we have to look forward to...many more appointments and heartbeats, finding out whether our little peanut is a boy or a girl, feeling kicks, decorating the nursery, finalizing on a name (although we have a few picked out and some pretty near finalist already!), and the list goes on and on as we will get to enjoy and love this little baby for the rest of our lives!

As I write this up nearly 24 hours later, I am happy, hopeful, excited, and humbled!  Thank you sweet Jesus for the miracle of life you have growing in me right now!  I pray for continued health and many more appointments filled with great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment