Tuesday, July 8, 2014

17 Weeks!

Wow, where has the time gone!?!?  Today, I am 17w3d pregnant!  Time is really going fast these days and I feel like we have a lot to get done with the registry (which is slightly overwhelming...there's too many options for little peanut!), meal planning for recipes I will be preparing in Oct/Nov, getting the house more organized to create more storage space, and getting the nursery all decorated and setup.  The most I've done so far is going to BRU and browsing for things I think we might register for and finding freezer crockpot recipes on Pinterest!

Other than that I'm feeling great, excited, and just slightly nervous!  I cannot wait for our anatomy scan next Monday to finally have a clean bill of health for little peanut and to know if we're having a boy or a girl.  For the most part I am doing great and feeling relaxed but I have had a few dreams and nightmares regarding the a/s and those have been hard (one of my nightmares was a couple days ago where we went to the u/s and found out that peanut was not doing well, wouldn't survive, etc...it was so vivid and I woke up with the same sadness I felt with our other losses). 

Thankfully, I am feeling really good about things and know and believe that everything is going to be okay next Monday!  In fact, I was catching up on Jesus Calling this morning and really like what it said on July 5th:

DRAW NEAR TO ME with a thankful heart, aware that your cup is overflowing with blessings.  Gratitude enables you to perceive Me more clearly and to rejoice in our Love-relationship.  Nothing can separate you from My loving Presence!  That is the basis of your security.  Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself that your security rests in Me alone, and I am totally trustworthy.
 
You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control.  Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth.  I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways.  I am always doing something new within My beloved ones.  Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment