Tuesday, July 15, 2014

18 Weeks!

Today, I am 18w3d pregnant! 

We had our big anatomy scan appointment yesterday!  Both Lloyd and I worked from home so that we could drive to and from the appointment together.  We left our house around 11:30 and made the trek to Kaiser in Anaheim.  The appointment was at the hospital, which is also where we had to go for our confirmation ultrasound for both our losses.

We arrived just after 12:30 pm, got checked in, and then waited.  They instructed me to drink 24 oz of water an hour before, so I did as I was told.  When we arrived at the hospital I was thinking, "Hmmm, not sure I really have to use the restroom.  Maybe I should drink more water?".  Thankfully I did not because within ten minutes I really had to go!

The ultrasound technician called my name around 12:45.  Yay for getting in a little early!  Things started off to a rough start as she asked where "our little one was".  I was confused and she noticed and responded that my chart says I was pregnant last year.  I told her, "Yes, we were pregnant twice last year but sadly both ended in miscarriages".  Lloyd's response was perfect...he said, "We have two babies in our hearts".

We arrived at our room, where she instructed Lloyd to wait in the waiting room while she did the work she need to do.  I asked her if she would be able to tell us the gestational age, heart rate, etc along with the gender.  She said that she could at the end when she brought Lloyd back in the room.

So, we started the long ultrasound.  I quickly knew that the baby was moving around a lot and was very comforted by that!  About 10-15 minutes later she let me get up to use the restroom (my bladder was very full!).  I tried to go as fast as I could but it was one of those times where my bladder was so full that it didn't want to release.  She even made a comment that she might have to go in after me.

We continued on and she was eventually able to get all her images.  She let me go to the bathroom again while she got Lloyd and then the fun began!  She showed us all things like the face, hands, feet, arms, spine, etc until we finally got to see whether or not our little peanut was a boy or a girl!


Our son (Cameron Lloyd) at 18w2d!!!
We had perfect timing and got a beautiful shot of little peanut, legs in the air, and a glimpse of our little guy's penis...there is no denying it- WE ARE HAVING A LITTLE BOY!!!  That moment was priceless and something I will remember for the rest of my life!  We are both so thrilled and thankful for our son! 

After the appointment we headed home, calling everyone on the way to let them know that little peanut did great!  While driving we also discussed the gender reveal party for our immediate family and best friends and decided that it was too much of a burden for everyone to get together for such a short time.  So, we made the decision to cancel the party and tell our family.  We told my dad and step mom first and then went to my mom's house later that night (after I tried to make cake pops for work and they totally failed).  While there we called my aunt and my brother (talked to him on the way home).  Once home we our neighbors and then tried to get some sleep since I had work early the next morning.

Everyone is so thrilled for us!  It's fun to be able to share this news of our precious son!

For more Christian and inspirational quotes, visit www.ChristianQuotes.info #ChristianquotesAnd, to continue on with the great news...I woke up this morning with an email from my doctor say, "Your fetal survey results showed that the baby's anatomy is normal, the fluid amount is normal, and the placenta is in a normal position"  THANK YOU GOD!!!!  Reading this email from her seriously brought tears to my eyes.  It feels amazing to know that our son is healthy and everything is normal!  It finally feels real, like the final weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can finally relax and breathe!

Words cannot describe the thankfulness for the community of support that I have around me and us:  from my amazing husband, our family and friends, church friends, neighbors, and the amazing women that I have met during this journey through our online board!  Truly, your prayers, love, support, and encouragement are greatly appreciated! 

christian quotesLast but certainly not least...THANK YOU GOD!!!  You have showered me with love, grace, mercy, and peace every step of the way!  Thank you for today and thank you for the wonderful news that our little boy is healthy and the peace that comes with knowing that he will be in our arms in a few short months!  Thank you too for every step of this journey, the good times and the bad times!  It's through it all that you have strengthened me and challenged me, slowly molding me in to the woman that I am today and the mother that I am for our son!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment