Thursday, December 19, 2013

I'm Still Yours



This song is absolutely awesome!  When we suffered the loss of Joy, almost immediately the questions of "how will I respond" and "how is this going to impact my faith and relationship with God" were at the forefront of my mind.  But, I continued to stand strong in my faith, believing and trusting in God's word...I felt a sense of peace knowing that nothing, not even this, could cause me to falter in my relationship with God.

When my life is not what I expected
The plans I made have failed
When there's nothing left to steal me away
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives
And takes away
 
 

Kutless - I'm Still YoursThis journey of trying to start our family and suffering the loss of two precious babies has led me to a place where my relationship with God is so much stronger!  I have absolute confidence and trust in His plan, I know that we will have our family some day, I depend on Him more than ever and can only get through this with Him, and He is always with me!  Knowing all of this provides a comfort that is indescribable!

 Surrender to what is.It seems that the darker the valley the more I feel God's presence.  It's through these hard times that He's bringing me to my knees and lifting my eyes upward, leading me to completely surrender to His will for my life.

I don't know where this path is leading me but I do know that God is at work in me!  Every day is an opportunity to surrender to Him and pray for His will on my life, asking for His strength and peace as we patiently wait for His answers!


Day 5  Christian QuotesOne of the blessings in this journey that I'm so grateful for is truly realizing that God is ALWAYS with me and only He can meet my every need!  The lyrics in this song, "Will you be enough for me, will my broken heart still sing" are so humbling to me. 

The pain and heartache of losing our babies is very real and at times overwhelming and filled with doubt. But, when I can capture those thoughts and humble myself before the Lord, there is a peace that surpasses all understanding.  I've realized in these moments just how loving and compassionate our God is because I know that He's right there with me, holding me as I cry and soothing my breaking heart.  His presence and care for every detail in my life gives me the strength and reassurance I need to make it through these difficult times!

My prayer for those reading this and walking through a valley is that you will open your hearts and mind to God's word and His promises.  Listen to His ever so quiet voice.  Trust in Him and know that He is with you every step of the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment