Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jesus Calling- February 27, 2014

Psalm 73:23, 24KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME!  Waves of adversity are washing over you, and you feel tempted to give up.  As your circumstances consume more and more of your attention, you are losing sight of Me.  Yet I am with you always, holding you by your right hand.  I am fully aware of your situation, and I will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear.

Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow.  If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat.  You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today.  It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens.  Keep your focus on My Presence in the present.

This devotional could not be more true!  As the circumstances of infertility, whether it be the question of, "Am I pregnant?" during the 2WW and the obsession that goes along with this, the fear of whether or not we will get pregnant again, and the even deeper fear of wondering if we will have more losses, consume my thoughts, they pull my away from the presence of God.

Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. (Psalms 73:23, 24 NLT)God is right here with me.  He's as close to me as my next breath.  All I have to do is call for Him and He's there.  One of the most beautiful things about our God is that He cares so much for us and He carries our burdens for us.  He takes the weight off our shoulders when the load is too heavy for us to carry!  This is something (both the nearness of God and the way that He carries my burdens) that I have had the privilege to truly witness this past year and it's a blessing that I am forever grateful for!

I love the reminder that today has enough burdens of it's own.  I do not need to waste time and energy worrying about things that are in the future.  God encourages me to face today one step at a time, being ever present in the present moment.  When I take on the burdens of tomorrow (all the worry, fear, anxiety, and uncertainty) the load becomes too heavy and I fall flat (especially because by focusing on tomorrow I am taking away from focusing on God now and letting Him carry my load).

.I also love the promise that God will not allow me to be tempted beyond what I can bear.  That no matter what my load is and how heavy my burdens are that I can get through all things WITH Him who gives me strength.  God is faithful and He will provide a way out from the temptation when it becomes too much to bear.  To me, this means two things:  1) When I look to Him and rely on His strength, He will carry me through and 2)  That God will remove me from the situation and follow through on His promises in His time!

I am so thankful for God's presence in every single moment of my life.  I love knowing that I have a heavenly father that cares so deeply about every detail of my life, that He hurts when I am hurting, He provides comfort and strength in the midst of the most chaotic storms, His love is so unbelievably unconditional and faithful, and His grace is enough!  God is here with me and with you!  He will never leave you!  And, in my experience, it's in the darkest of circumstances that I find God even more present...all I have to do is reach out!  He's a father that yearns for a deep relationship with His children!  Thank you God for being the Father of all fathers, for your love, peace, strength, comfort, and grace...all blessings that are simply priceless in this fallen world!





No comments:

Post a Comment