Friday, February 7, 2014

Jesus Calling- February 7, 2014

Psalm 42:11 | Word on the WAYCOME TO ME FOR REST and refreshment.  The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion.  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.
 
Remember that I can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different.  Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be.  You will get through today one step, one moment at a time.  Your main responsibility is to remain attentive to Me, letting Me guide you through the many choices along your pathway.
 
This sounds like an easy assignment, but it is not.  Your desire to live in My Presence goes against the grain of "the world, the flesh and the devil."  Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents.  However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up!  Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My Presence.
 
This message is perfect!  I can totally relate to it today, especially with how it applies to our journey through infertility.  This journey at times has been too much for me and I have had days where I feel so weary and ready to give up. 
 
Philippians 4:6     https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151510519661961God is calling me to constantly seek His face, His presence each and every moment.  In the moments where my fear of whether or not we will ever be parents creeps in, I am to seek His presence and focus on His truths and promises.  In the moments where my anxiety takes over in the moments of wanting to know the answer of whether or not we are pregnant this month, I am again called to focus on God and His commands to not worry about anything and to trust in His plan.
 
There are numerous moments and situations throughout each day where my humanly thoughts take me away from God.  It's in these moments that I need to take my thoughts captive and ask the question, "Is this thought from God or from the devil?"  Focusing on any thoughts that are not from God only leads to a path of pure exhaustion.
 
Romans 8:28As hard as it is, it's crucial to keep my thoughts focused on God and His truths.  He has me right where He wants me right now...I'm not supposed to be anywhere else in this very moment.  More importantly, there is so much hope found in the truth that God loves me, He wants the absolute best for me, and He works all things for good- even something as devastating, frustrating, painful, and disappointing as traveling the path of infertility. 
 
Wherever you are in life right now, just know that God's got this!  You are right where you are supposed to be.  Seek His face throughout all your moments of doubt and fear and He will provide you with comfort, wisdom, peace, and strength to get you through each and every one of those moments!  God loves you and He cares for you more than you can imagine! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment