Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Try Our Best, Let God Do The Rest

Photo: Seek the Lord during your day!

Say “Amen” if you’re ready for God’s will, plan, and strength in your life!"Try our best, let God do the rest" has been our motto for quite some time now.  We have both been committed to having "good timing" because really that's the only thing we can control.  But, we know that no matter how great our timing and how much sex we enjoy, it's really up to God to make this little miracle happen!

This cycle is our "last chance for a baby in 2014" cycle.  We will be due around the middle of December if God says "yes".  I don't know why, but these little milestones tend to give us a little extra incentive in the "trying" department and this cycle was no different.

In the past two cycles I have ovulated on CD 14 (cycle day 14) and I figured that this cycle would be no different.  Cycle Day 14 happened to be a Friday so our "plan" was to have sex on Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat (if needed). 

Friday morning arrives and my temp drops really low so I'm confident that Friday is the day.  I let Lloyd know and I get extra excited and full of anticipation for our time together.  We had a great time and were so full of hope that we had "good timing". 

Saturday morning arrives, I take my temperature and sure enough it has gone up!  However, my secondary signs were not aligning and I was skeptical.  I let Lloyd know and he agreed that we needed to give it another go!  Can I just say that I am so thankful for this man!!!  He truly is a team player and goes above and beyond in supporting me and us in this journey...it's moments like this that I am so grateful, thankful, and reassured that we are in this together!

On to Sunday...I take my temperature again and it was slightly lower than Saturday's and very borderline.  Again, secondary signs do not align and I know for sure that I have not ovulated yet.  I honestly did not have the heart to tell Lloyd because I knew that 4 days in a row was really, really pushing it and I was willing to let it go and give it to God.  Lloyd, however, figured it out and we were able to laugh at the situation (visualizing that God is laughing right there with us!).  So, in an effort to keep up our great timing and not give up, we decided that another afternoon session of lovemaking was in order!  I'm definitely not complaining...I'm a very lucky woman!!! :)

Photo: "The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever." -Jesus Calling by Sarah Young   

#PraiseHim #BlessedAssurance #JesusCallingMonday morning arrives and as I'm taking my temperature, I'm literally praying for it to be high.  I have to wake up super early during the week (3:40 am) and Lloyd was passed out when my alarm went off.  My thermometer beeps and I walk across the hallway to our other bathroom to not disturb Lloyd.  I couldn't believe it...my temperature took a huge drop (96.14, almost 1 degree lower than "coverline").  My heart sunk.  I was feeling pretty devastated and a little shocked, so much so that I re-took my temperature (it read 96.54, still not high enough).

I didn't say anything to Lloyd until we were talking later that morning.  He asked and I let him know.  Again, for the 4th day in a row, I was confident that today is the day.  I decided that it was really up to God and it didn't matter if we had sex one more time or not.  We had good timing regardless of one more "last ditch effort".  Lloyd, however, wanted to give it another go since we had already tried so hard to have the best timing possible.  What's one more day!?!?

Moving on to yesterday (Tues)...my alarm went off and this time Lloyd was awake.  As I was taking my temperature, he whispered, "please be high!".  I was quietly praying the same words while waiting for the thermometer to beep!  It finally did and Lloyd told me to let him know the verdict.  I walked to the bathroom and looked at the thermometer...hallelujah, 97.13!  I walked back to our room and gave Lloyd a kiss, letting him know that I thought we were officially in the 2WW and thanked him again for all his love and support!

Today's temperature was even higher and my secondary signs are in alignment, confirming ovulation for Monday.  We officially have the best timing (out of all 19 cycles of TTC) this cycle (and set a few records in the process!)!  And, I've got to say...this has been one of our most fun cycles...even though we had days where we had to, we both genuinely enjoyed our intimate time together (which is sometimes really hard to do with the stress and pressure of TTC...but I'm so thankful that this is an area we seem to struggle a little less than other couples in our same situation.  I think part of that is due to keeping our focus and priority on our marriage and relationship in the sex department even in the midst of "trying").

Photo: Start the week out knowing that you are covered in God’s love!

Pass this onto someone who really needs to know that!

Have a great week!So, we are officially in the 2WW today (2 DPO) and I am excited and full of hope!  It's time to sit back, relax, and continue praying for God's will over this cycle...whatever His answer, I find peace in knowing that we tried our best and it's up to Him to do the rest!  I'm praying for a "yes" but I'm also praying for peace and patience while we wait for His perfect timing.  Whatever the answer, yes or no, I have so much hope in God's timing...we will be pregnant again some day soon, now is the time to rest in God's presence and His plan because it truly is a great plan!





No comments:

Post a Comment