Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Surviving the 2WW: Part 2

I am now 11 DPO and less than 24 hours away from testing (even though Aunt Flow, AF, is not due until Friday or Saturday.  I test early in the hopes of getting an early positive and starting the progesterone shots as soon as possible).  I honestly do not feel pregnant at all and am totally expecting to see a negative test tomorrow and am oddly okay with that.  But, you never know...anything is possible (and I felt the exact same way during our first pregnancy!)...

I have not been taking my temperature and overly obsessing with symptoms, etc this past week and it has been very freeing, to say the least!

The past week or so has been very busy and productive.  Lloyd and I have been re-staining our master bathroom vanity (for the last 3 weeks now).  This weekend was filled with staining, staining, and more staining.  I have mapped out a plan to apply multiple layers of clear coat after work over the next several days to finish this project (hoping to be able to re-assemble everything by Sunday afternoon!).

Luckily, we were blessed with lots of rain this weekend (which was much needed!)!  However, being stuck inside with projects is definitely not helpful at any time, yet alone in the 2WW.  I did take every chance I could to get outside and was able to get in a couple of walks on Saturday and a very stress-relieving run on Sunday (I ran about 5 miles, which felt great considering most of my runs have been 3 miles)!

Yesterday while driving home, I was thinking and realized that I had a little bit of extra time (thank God for leftovers for dinner and no cooking!).  For some reason I felt motivated to go for a bike ride (maybe it was my legs screaming that a "good" run was not in the cards due to the soreness from Sunday's run!).  I got home, started the crockpot to cook Tuesday's taco chicken, changed into my bike gear, put air in the tires, and headed out the door!

I had convinced myself to ride to the intersection of Wildwood Canyon and Oak Glen Rd, which is about 4 miles, all uphill, from our house.  There is one section on Wildwood that is just a killer, so steep!  Thank God it is fairly short-lived...but it did take me a good 5 minutes to recover and feel some resemblance of life again!

Well, I arrived at the intersection and for some reason felt the urge to continue (I was having fun and feeling free!).  I talked myself into another 1/2 mile and continued upwards toward the apple orchards.  A mile and a half later, I reached the "Welcome to Oak Glen" sign and decided it was time to head home (time was running out to take a shower, make dinner and pack lunches, do laundry, and finish more staining all before bedtime!).  I took a picture of the sign and headed home...it took 40 minutes to get there and only 12 minutes to get home!

So, what's the point of all of this!?!?  I have found that focusing on other things and staying busy has really helped me this past week!  And, by exercising more these past few days and getting out for a bike ride and a run that was longer than my usual norm lately has been rejuvenating, refreshing, and given me a sense of finding myself again! 

Other things that have helped have been focusing on scripture, love and support from some very amazing friends, and listening to worship music.  Here are some of my favorite songs right now:
 
We Won't Be Shaken

 
Broken Hallelujah
 
 
While I'm Waiting
 
 
I Lift My Life Up
 
 
Walk By Faith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment