Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jesus Calling- January 8, 2014

Today's Jesus Calling tugged on my heart as I was reading it this morning and felt the desire to share.

Psalm 46:1SOFTLY I ANNOUNCE MY PRESENCE.  Shimmering hues of radiance tap gently at your consciousness, seeking entrance.  Though I have all Power in heaven and on earth, I am infinitely tender with you.  The weaker you are, the more gently I approach you.  Let your weakness be a door to My Presence.  Whenever you feel inadequate, remember that I am your ever-present Help.
 
Hope in Me, and you will be protected from depression and self-pity.  Hope is like a golden cord connecting you to heaven.  The more you cling to this cord, the more I bear the weight of your burdens; thus, you are ligthened.  Heaviness is not of My kingdom.  Cling to hope, and My rays of Light will reach you through the darkness.
 
I feel like this is exactly where I am in the present moment.  This year, 2014, is the year of HOPE for me!  It's the one word that truly resonates in my heart and that I'm clinging to with every step that I take.  The more I cling to HOPE, the less I feel the weight of my burdens. 
 
It's HOPE that is allowing me to move forward with starting the journey to try again.  It's HOPE that we will have a baby some day that makes every ounce of this suffering worthwhile.  It's HOPE that eases my fear and brings me peace when I need it.  And, it's HOPE that allows me to see the many blessings and rays of light through all of this darkness.
 
As I was driving to work this morning, I heard the song "Lord, I Need You".  It's such a beautiful song!
 

 
 
Lord, I need you
Oh, I need you
Every hour I need you
 
When I cannot stand
I'll fall on you
Jesus, you're my hope and stay
 
 
Hearing this song was a reminder of the path I have traveled and the road I am on.  It caused me to reflect on where I was just a year ago.  Yes, I had faith and I knew of God's goodness.  I trusted in His plans for my life.  But, if I'm honest, I was not depending on Him like I am today and oftentimes I was trying to do things my way.  I had all of these plans for my life and thought that things would just happen so smoothly.
 
God has used to journey to transform me in so many ways.  I am closer to Him, depending on Him, trusting in Him, and focused on His promises found in His word because of the trials He has allowed me to go through.  It's been a journey that, through the pain and suffering, there are been far more blessings!
 
Romans 15:13I pray that 2014 is a year of HOPE for everyone!  I pray that this is the year that our hearts cling to the hope that can only be found through Jesus and that as you cling to this hope your burdens are lifted from your shoulders and you are lightened.  I pray that you lean on God and continue trusting in Him, having a heart filled with gratitude no matter what the circumstances are, knowing that His light shines through the darkness when we are clinging to hope!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment