Monday, January 6, 2014

Official Test Results and Plan Moving Foward

I had my follow-up appointment last Friday and got the results that we were expecting- UNEXPLAINED RECURRENT PREGNANCY LOSS. 

Although I was anticipating these results, it was still an emotional moment once my doctor actually vocalized it.  Tears started welling up in my eyes and I truly had to fight back the emotions as we continued on to the conversation of "what to do now".  My doctor was amazing and took the time to make sure that I was okay before moving forward and she empathized with me in that the results are both good news and bad news.

So, what do we do now?  Well, first we start trying again and hope for a smooth pregnancy (and hopefully one that comes sooner rather than later).  My doctor is encouraged and believes that we will have a successful pregnancy that leads to a baby in our arms!  I was told that we can start immediately (so next cycle since I've already ovulated this month). 

I was also told to start taking a daily baby aspirin.  This will help prevent any possible clots forming when the placenta is developing.  An additional change in our protocol is that I will start supplementing with progesterone as soon as I get a positive pregnancy test (I did not do this with our first pregnancy and did not start this until about 20 DPO last pregnancy, or 4 days after getting a positive test).  This is also just a precautionary step and we do not believe that I have a progesterone issue (my luteal phase is well above the 10 days past ovulation cutoff, averaging 13 days) but it can only help, so here we are.

My doctor suggested the suppositories but I requested the shots.  I did the suppositories last time (and will start with them next time until the prescription is filled, as I have some in the refrigerator) and they were just a hassle and a mess.  We actually have a permanent stain on our couch from last time and I do not want to have to worry about that again.  Plus, the shots are better absorbed so it seems like the logical route to go!

50+ Inspirational Christian Quote Pictures | ROCK4JESUS Finally, as we were concluding our appointment, my doctor really reassured me that I will be heavily monitored next time around.  I was instructed to call the minute I get a positive test.  I will be doing lots of blood work and tests from the very get go to make sure that we do all we can this next time around (not that there really is anything that can be done to "prevent" a miscarriage...it's going to happen if that's what is meant to be).

I left the appointment excited, confident, and full of hope!  I know that we are in good hands and feel comfortable with the changes and plan for moving forward!  I am also relieved to know that as the past couple weeks have passed, each day I find myself with the same excitement and anticipation as I had prior to our past two pregnancies...being pregnant again and being a mom is something that I desire so badly!  Now I just need to sit back, enjoy the journey, and wait patiently while God continues to do amazing things in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment