Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014- A Heart Filled With Hope

Photo: Happy New Years – from all of us at KFSH 95.9 The Fish!!Happy New Year everyone!  I can honestly say that I have never been so excited to see one year end and another begin!  I'm feeling renewed...like it's a whole new beginning and I'm full of anticipation and excitement for all the potential this year has!

My heart is so full of hope.  I truly believe that great things are just around the corner and I cannot wait.  I am confident that when I reflect on 2014 at the end of the year we will be in a much different place than we are today.  Hopefully that includes either having a baby or being past the first trimester with our third pregnancy!

Either way, I know that this year is sure to be another life-changing year for us.  As we continue on this path to start our family, while seeking God with all our heart and soul, great things are sure to happen!

As 2013 was coming to an end, I began searching for a new devotional.  I saw The One Year Book of Hope and thought "this looks good".  I didn't read any further to learn the background or understand how this devotional would be great for me. 

The very next day, someone on one of the forums I frequent recommended this exact devotional and I just felt like it was God placing it in my heart.  So, I bought the devotional on January 1st and began reading the introduction.  I was amazed to learn that the author had suffered the loss of two children (live births where the babies had a rare genetic disorder that resulted in a life expectancy of only 6 months) after having a perfectly healthy son. 

After the loss of their daughter, her husband got a vasectomy so they would not have any more children.  Well, it didn't work and they unexpectedly got pregnant with their son 1.5 years after the loss of their daughter.  As I was reading her story I was shaking my head in disbelief...I absolutely cannot fathom the heartache her and her husband have suffered.

In reading the first two days of this devotional, I am truly excited for what I will discover in this upcoming year!  This devotional is absolutely perfect.  I just keep thinking "Why did I not know about this 9 months ago?".  I highly recommend this for anyone going through loss, pain, suffering, or whatever trials that lead you to feeling hopeless.

The verse for the first day was out of Psalm 119:28-30.  It really tugged on my heart because this is how I feel I have walked these past 9 months.  With a heart that is heavy with sorrow, I have walked seeking God's will for my life, trying to understand "why" and "what do I need to learn", growing closer to Him every step of the way, and determined to stay faithful to the end.

I weep with sorrow;
encourage me by your word.
Keep me from lying to myself;
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your regulations.
 
Praying that through the pain, grief, and uncertainty that we can stay focused on the truth found in God's word and stay faithful to Him!  Wishing everyone a God-filled 2014! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment