Sunday, October 27, 2013

James 1:7

God is doing amazing things in our life right now!  Looking back on this year, every step of this journey to start our family has been worth it...very hard at times, but worth it! 

On Monday, October 21, 2013 around 7 pm my period was MIA and I just knew that God had given me His answer...so, I told Lloyd that I was going upstairs to take our last at home pregnancy test.  The line literally appeared in about 5 seconds and I quickly went downstairs to share the great news with Lloyd!  It was so wonderful having him there this time to share that moment (with our first pregnancy I tested at home on my lunch hour while Lloyd was at work)!  We quickly let our parents and a few very close friends in on the news and then called it a night...mama needs her sleep!


You see, God has had His hand on this journey every step of the way!  This story is so perfect that it could ONLY come from God!  We got pregnant on Cycle 7 (same as last time), we conceived on Joy's birthday, Lloyd got an early birthday present, and we are due with this precious little baby on my birthday!!!  God is good and His plans are far greater than anything we can ever plan for ourselves!

Tuesday morning on the drive to work, the song "We Won't Be Shaken" came on the radio.  I put my hand on my belly and told our little peanut that God's got this...just continue to grow and I'm going to love you every minute of these nine months and I cannot wait to hold you in my arms!  It was such a beautiful moment and the beginning of reality really sinking in.

This past week has already been full of challenges and emotions.  I emailed my doctor immediately asking for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy.  She is amazing (same doctor that was there for our miscarriage) and put the order in for Tuesday.  I went in on lunch to have my blood drawn and nervously waited the blood results that came on Thursday morning...HCG is 144!  WE ARE PREGNANT!!! 

Now, the important number is the HCG level 48-72 hours later where we want it to double.  So, I let everyone know the number and asked for prayer requests of 300 or higher.  My doctor called me Friday morning and let me know that my HCG had gone up, but my progesterone was a little low (14.85 vs. 15 or higher) so she wanted me to pick up a prescription.  She also wanted me to do another blood test for HCG within the next day or two.

I asked, "So, what was my number?".  She replied that it was 213 in which I responded that it was a little low.  She agreed but didn't seem to be too panicked.  I, on the other hand, was a little worried!  I knew that we had a 50/50 chance of this turning out well and I tried my best to hang on to the 50% where our baby is growing perfectly normal!


I left work early and headed to the hospital to do the blood test.  My friend Carol met me with her adorable 10 week old daughter, CJ!  It was so wonderful having the two of them there!  The lab quickly got me back for my blood draw and now it was just up to us to pray and wait patiently (and battle with the pharmacy on getting the prescription filled!).


I drove home, ate some food, and then decided to take a nap.  After sleeping for about an hour, I woke up and checked my email.  There were test results that were released at 11:48 am.  I thought they were for my thyroid that was taken on Thursday, so I logged in to check the results. 

I quickly saw that there were HCG results, one from Thursday and the other from Friday!  I clicked to check the results and was elated to know that it was 301!!!  Our little peanut made the cutoff and is within the normal growing rate!  I was beyond relieved...feeling so thankful, blessed, and full of joy!

From the time I received the news from the doctor and getting the results, I prayed really hard.  I knew that God could make anything happen and that if it was His will we would have a good result.  I also knew that if it wasn't God's will for us to have this baby that, although it would be extremely hard and devestating, that I would get through it...with God by my side.  You see, all the work He did in me through our last season was to prepare me for all of these moments.  It's a constant test of "Will you trust in Me no matter what the circumstances may be?"

I don't know what the next few days, weeks, and months have in store for us...but, I do know that God is so good and faithful!  I truly trust in every part of His plan for my life and I am lifting up our baby and this pregnancy to His loving hands!  For now, today I am pregnant and I absolutley love this little miracle more than words can say!



No comments:

Post a Comment