Sunday, October 13, 2013

Jesus Calling- March 12, 2013

Jesus Calling is a wonderful devotional that I highly recommend to everyone!  It was recommended to me and I started reading it daily sometime in January.  It's truly amazing how some days really "speak" to you and March 12, 2013 was one of those days.

For some reason I was too busy that morning to read the devotional.  I left for work and went to my appointment and it wasn't until later that evening that I received this message from God.

On the day that we found out we lost our precious baby, this is the message that was awaiting me in Jesus Calling:

 
WAITING, TRUSTING, AND HOPING are intricately connected, like golden strands interwoven to form a strong chain.  Trusting is the central strand, because it is the response from My children that I desire the most.  Waiting and hoping embellish the central strand and strengthen the chain that connects you to Me.  Waiting for Me to work, with your eyes on Me, is evidence that you really do trust Me.  If you mouth the words "I trust You" while anxiously trying to make things go your way, your words ring hollow.  Hoping is future-directed, connecting you to your inheritance in heaven.  However, the benefits of hope fall fully on you in the present.
 
Because you are Mine, you don't just pass time in your waiting.  You can wait expectantly, in hopeful trust.  Keep your "antennae" out to pick up even the faintest glimmer of My Presence.
 
 
 
 
What a beautiful and powerful message from God!  In those first moments, the big question being asked was "Why God?" and in His word I was able to cling to this message to wait expectantly, trust always, and stay hopeful while God does His good work in me!


No comments:

Post a Comment